Friday, May 23, 2008

Time

We are half-way through our 24 journey to arrive in Kampala. We lose time as we cross the Atlantic so it is already day, even though our bodies want to be sleeping.

Time - something we often think of in a linear manner - yet something as simple as traveling shows us how limited our understanding of this notion is.

Stephen, our son doesn't think of time as I do. His birthday falls while we are in Uganda and he was saying: "I'll be four in Uganda." For him, time and space are relational not linear. June means no more to him that a place he's never been.

As we get closer to a new place - I hope we'll be able to live into the fullness of time.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I hope you arrived safely in Kampala. I'm glad you started a blog. I look forward to following your experience :)